CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, October 15, 2018
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on October 22, 2018.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF OCTOBER 15, 2018
CURRICULUM – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding First Reading of AP Computer Science Principles, Grades 9-12 at Meadville Area Senior High School (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding First Reading of the following Curriculum:
- K-6 Math (Attachment) (Attachment) (Attachment) (Attachment) (Attachment) (Attachment) (Attachment)
- Textiles I, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School, Grades 9-12 (Attachment)
- Textiles II, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School, Grades 9-12 (Attachment)
- Textiles III, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School, Grades 9-12 (Attachment)
EXTRACURRICULAR – Paula J. Lynch, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School Junior Class traveling to New York City on November 16-20, 2018 at a cost to the District of $109.20 for a substitute teacher (Attachment)
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Lease Purchase Schedule to Master Lease Agreement with Dell Financial Services (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding Schedule L, Budgetary Transfers for School Year 2018-2019 (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding a grant from the Northwestern PA Chapter of the National Tooling and Machining Association Education Foundation in the amount of $3,264.50 for the purchase of a FormLabs 3D Printing Maker Space at Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School (Attachment)
PERSONNEL/POLICY – Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding elementary classroom numbers
2. Discussion regarding a Vice President for the Crawford Central School District Board of School Directors
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
Respect – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Assuming the best intent?
b. Listening to understand?
c. Managing verbal and non-verbal reaction to ensure others feel safe and valued?
Executive Session – Student Matter/Personnel