CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, June 20, 2016
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on June 27, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF JUNE 20, 2016
1. Nutrition, Inc. Yearly Report
1. Discussion regarding the Second and Final Reading of Schedule J – Textbook Adoption – Computer Applications (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding awarding a Meadville Area Senior High School student his/her 2016 diploma upon meeting all requirements as established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, as recommended by John C. Higgins, Principal
3. Discussion regarding First Reading of Schedule J – Textbook Adoption – 9th Grade Computer Applications (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding the First Reading of the Independent Study of Physics with Calculus Applications Curriculum (Attachment)
5. Secondary Curriculum Update
ELEMENTARY CURRICULUM – Glenn J. Tuttle, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding First and Second Reading of the following Crawford Central School District Policies:
#626 – Federal Fiscal Compliance (Attachment)
#626.1 – Travel Reimbursement – Federal Programs (Attachment)
#827 – Conflict of Interest (Attachment)
2. Elementary Curriculum Update
EXTRACURRICULAR – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding a Cooperative Sponsorship of a Sports Agreement between Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School and Commodore Perry High School for baseball (Attachment)
2. Extracurricular Update
TECHNOLOGY – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Technology Update
SPECIAL SERVICES – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Special Services Update
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the following Johnson Controls Planned Service Agreements
2. Discussion regarding Schedule K #411 – Bids for Diesel Fuel
3. Buildings and Grounds Update
TRANSPORTATION/FOOD SERVICE – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the replacement of the cooler/freezer at Neason Hill Elementary School (Attachment)
2. Transportation Update
3. Food Service Update
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
2. Discussion regarding the millage levy for fiscal year 2016-2017
3. Discussion regarding the District’s insurance coverage for the 2016-2017 school year (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding the Business Manager making General Fund Budget transfers during the fiscal year 2016-2017 for the purposes of closing out the various funds of the District for fiscal year 2015-2016
5. Discussion regarding the Act 511 taxes including a one (1%) percent earned income tax and a one (1%) percent real estate transfer tax
6. Discussion regarding the enactment of a $5.00 per capita tax for the fiscal year 2016-2017
7. Finance Update
PERSONNEL/POLICY– Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Second and Final Reading of the revisions to the following Crawford Central School District Policies:
2. Discussion regarding the recognition of professional employees (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the PSBA voting delegates for the PSBA Delegate Assembly Meeting on Saturday, October 15, 2016
4. Discussion regarding stipends for the 2016-2017 school year:
Shawn Ford – Athletic Director, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School - $8,500
James Shryock – Student Information System Coordinator, Instructional Support Center - $7,000
Stacey Walsh – Dean of Students, Meadville Area Senior High School - $8,500
Scott McCurdy – Dean of Students, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School - $8,500
5. Discussion regarding the Personnel Recommendations (Attachment)
6. Personnel Update
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
6. Integrity – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Sharing complete, truthful, and accurate information with the best intent?
Executive Session – Personnel/Potential Litigation