CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, September 19, 2016
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on September 26, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF September 19, 2016
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Proposal to Perform Architectural/Engineering Services regarding the press box and concession stand at Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School – HHSDR Architects/Engineers (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Lease Termination Agreement with the Meadville Family YMCA (Attachment)
3. Buildings and Grounds Update
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion/presentation regarding bond refinancing – Michael McCaig, Financial Advisor and Anthony Ditka, Bond Counsel
2. Discussion regarding the acceptance of PlanCon Part H, Project Financing and PlanCon Part J, Project Accounting Based on Final Costs, with regards to the building renovations at West End Elementary School, into the Minutes (Attachment) (Attachment)
3. Finance Update
SECONDARY CURRICULUM – Jeffrey L. Deardorff, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding a Meadville Area Senior High School student receiving his/her 2016 diploma upon completing all graduation requirements as recommended by John C. Higgins, Principal
2. Discussion regarding First Reading of the following curriculum:
- Gifted and Talented Enrichment – Meadville Area Senior High School (Attachment)
- World Government and Economics, Grade 12 – Meadville Area Senior High School (Attachment)
- 8th Grade United States History – District-wide (Attachment)
- 7th Grade U.S. History – District-wide (Attachment)
3. Secondary Curriculum Update
ELEMENTARY CURRICULUM – Glenn J. Tuttle, Chairperson
1. Elementary Curriculum Update
EXTRACURRICULAR – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School junior class traveling to New York City on November 18, 2016 through November 21, 2016, at a cost to the District of $218.40 for two (2) substitute teachers (Attachment)
2. Extracurricular Update
TECHNOLOGY – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Technology Update
SPECIAL SERVICES – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Special Services Update
TRANSPORTATION/FOOD SERVICE – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
1. Transportation Update
2. Food Service Update
PERSONNEL/POLICY– Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding support of the Rural Regional Community College (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Pennsylvania School Boards Association officer elections (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding James L. Eppelbaum, D.O., performing District mandated physicals for the 2016-2017 school year
4. Discussion regarding the Personnel Recommendations (Attachment)
5. Personnel Update
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
8. Compassion – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Empathizing with another Board member or attendee of the Board meeting?
b. Being kind?
c. Welcoming diversity (including diversity of thought)?
d. Remaining open minded?
e. Challenging their assumptions?
f. Ensuring others felt their perspective was valued?
Executive Session – Potential Litigation/Personnel