CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, September 18, 2017
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on September 25, 2017.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF SEPTEMBER 18, 2017
SECONDARY CURRICULUM – Jeffrey L. Deardorff, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the First Reading of AP Computer Science Principles curriculum, Grades 11-12, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Second and Final Reading of the following curriculum:
- Modern World History, Grade 11, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School (Attachment)
- Contemporary World History, Grade 12, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding Amendment One to the Client Agreement for Digital Curriculum Solutions Between Apex Learning, Inc. and Crawford Central School District (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding the Scenario Learning Client Agreement for SafeSchools Online Staff Training (Attachment)
5. Secondary Curriculum Update
ELEMENTARY CURRICULUM – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the First Reading of the following:
- English Language Arts Scope and Sequence – Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade (Attachment) (Attachment) (Attachment)
- English Language Arts Curriculum – Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Fifth Grade and Sixth Grade (Attachment) (Attachment) (Attachment) (Attachment)
2. Elementary Curriculum Update
- Title I Conference
EXTRACURRICULAR – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School junior class traveling to New York City on November 17 – 20, 2017, at a cost to the District of $327.60 for substitute teachers (Attachment)
2. Extracurricular Update
TECHNOLOGY – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Technology Update
SPECIAL SERVICES – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Special Services Update
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Buildings and Grounds Update
TRANSPORTATION/FOOD SERVICE – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
1. Transportation Update
2. Food Service Update
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Schedule L – Budgetary Transfers (Attachment)
2. Finance Update
PERSONNEL/POLICY– Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding James L. Eppelbaum, D.O. performing the District’s mandated physicals for the 2017-2018 school year at a rate of $100.00 an hour
2. Discussion regarding the Personnel Recommendations
3. Personnel Update
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
6. Integrity – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Sharing complete, truthful, and accurate information with the best intent?
Executive Session – Labor Relations