CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, October 16, 2017
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on October 23, 2017.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF OCTOBER 16, 2017
1. Sneak Preview 2017-2018 School Year – Cathi Cassudakis, The Nutrition Group
SECONDARY CURRICULUM – Jeffrey L. Deardorff, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Second and Final Reading of AP Computer Science Principles curriculum, Grades 11-12, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Crawford Central School District Comprehensive Plan
ELEMENTARY CURRICULUM – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
2. Discussion regarding the AmeriCorps Host Site Agreement with Keystone SMILES (Attachment)
3. Elementary Curriculum Update
EXTRACURRICULAR – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School marching band traveling to Hershey, Pennsylvania for the Atlantic Coast Championships on November 4-5, 2017, with a cost to the District as follows:
- Option A - $7,641.50 for transportation
- Option B - $3,820.75 for transportation (total split 50/50 with boosters/students)
- Option C – No cost to the District (Attachment)
2. Extracurricular Update
TECHNOLOGY – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Technology Update
SPECIAL SERVICES – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Special Services Update
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the sale of various pieces of equipment
2. Buildings and Grounds Update
TRANSPORTATION/FOOD SERVICE – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the 2017-2018 bus routes for the Cochranton and Meadville attendance areas (Attachment)
2. Transportation Update
3. Food Service Update
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Schedule L – Budgetary Transfers (Attachment)
2. Finance Update
PERSONNEL/POLICY– Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the donation of 13 old laptops to Homes of the Indian Nation, an orphanage in India
3. Personnel Update
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
Teamwork – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Acting selflessly?
b. Recognizing individual talents and skills in others and leveraging them to further the Board’s agenda?
c. Initiating constructive feedback to keep the Board focused on success?
Executive Session – Labor Relations/Real Estate