CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, November 18, 2019
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on November 25, 2019.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF NOVEMBER 18, 2019
1. The 2018-2019 Independent Audit – McGill, Power, Bell & Associates
2. LERTA request for Adams Place – Kelley Coey, Hudson Companies
EXTRACURRICULAR – Paula J. Lynch, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the formation of the Genders and Sexualities Alliance (GSA) Club at Meadville Area Senior High School, at no cost to the District (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the following PMEA events:
= Meadville Area Senior High School – District Orchestra on January 29-31, 2020 in Indiana, Pennsylvania, at a cost to the District of $2,732.60 (Attachment)
= Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School – Region 2 Chorus on February 27-29, 2020 in Corry, Pennsylvania, at a cost to the District of $911.40 (Attachment)
= Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School – Region 2 Band on March 25-27, 2020 in Indiana, Pennsylvania, at a cost to the District of $1,592.60 (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the Meadville Area Senior High School Boys’ Basketball Team participating in the Bisco Tournament in Wellsburg, West Virginia on December 27-28, 2019, at a cost to the District of $990.00 (Attachment)
TECHNOLOGY – Ross C. Prather, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Questeq E-Rate Agreement for fund year 2020-2021 (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Campus Suite Proposal for the District Website (Attachment)
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding not raising the 2020-2021 taxes above the index
PERSONNEL/POLICY – Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Personnel Schedules (Attachment)
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
Compassion – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Empathizing with another Board member or attendee of the Board meeting?
b. Being kind?
c. Welcoming diversity (including diversity of thought)?
d. Remaining open minded?
e. Challenging their assumptions?
f. Ensuring others felt their perspective was valued?