CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, November 13, 2017
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on November 20, 2017.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF NOVEMBER 13, 2017
1. Educators who have completed hours of the Orton-Gillingham Training Course and Supervised Practicum
- Sue Holt-Thompson
- Lisa Sheik
- Cheryl Collins
- Patty Frano
- Christella Kloecker
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Presentation of the 2016-2017 Independent Audit (draft) – McGill, Power, Bell & Associates
2. Discussion regarding the acceptance of the Rural and Low Income Schools Grant in the amount of $65,693
3. Finance Update
SECONDARY CURRICULUM – Jeffrey L. Deardorff, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the submission of the Crawford Central School District Comprehensive Plan to the Pennsylvania Department of Education (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding a Meadville Area Senior High School student receiving his/her 2018 Diploma upon meeting all requirements as established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, as recommended by John C. Higgins, Principal
3. Secondary Curriculum Update
ELEMENTARY CURRICULUM – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Elementary Curriculum Update
EXTRACURRICULAR – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Meadville Area Senior High School Boys’ Basketball Team competing in the Bisco Tournament in Wellsburg, West Virginia, on December 29-30, 2017 and also to compete in the West Penn Athletics “Battle” Tournament in Erie, Pennsylvania, on Sunday, January 14, 2018. There is no cost to the district for either tournament (Attachment) (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School Travel Club traveling to Europe on June 11-22, 2018 at no cost to the District (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School Senior history classes traveling to Washington, D.C., on March 16-17, 2018, at a cost to the District of $163.80 for two substitute teachers (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding the Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School Band participating in the PMEA District Band in Warren, Pennsylvania, on January 11-13, 2018, at a cost to the District of $1,306.40 (Attachment)
5. Discussion regarding the Meadville Area Senior High School Band participating in the PMEA District Band in Warren, Pennsylvania, on January 11-13, 2018, at a cost to the District of $1,756.40 (Attachment)
6. Extracurricular Update
TECHNOLOGY – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Technology Update
SPECIAL SERVICES – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Special Services Update
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the bids on various pieces of equipment
2. Buildings and Grounds Update
TRANSPORTATION/FOOD SERVICE – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
1. Transportation Update
2. Food Service Update
PERSONNEL/POLICY – Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the First Reading of the following Crawford Central School District Policies:
= Policy 104 – Nondiscrimination in Employment Practices (Revision – Merging Policy 348 – Harassment, into Policy 104. Will be removing/deleting Policy 348) (Attachment)
= Policy 150 – Title I – Comparability of Services (New Policy) (Attachment)
= Policy 203 – Immunizations and Communicable Diseases (Revision) (Attachment)
= Policy 204 – Attendance (Revision) (Attachment)
= Policy 209.2 – Diabetes Management (New Policy) (Attachment)
= Policy 808 – Food Services (Revision) (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding First and Second Reading of revisions to the following Job Descriptions:
= 4.2 – Administrative Secretary to the Directors of Curriculum and Educational Technology Integration, Grants, Federal Programs and Community Outreach (Attachment)
= 6.4 – Student Information Systems Coordinator/Child Accounting
3. Discussion regarding Talent Ed Recruit and Hire, and Wonscore
4. Discussion regarding the Personnel Recommendations (Attachment)
5. Personnel Update
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
Compassion – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Empathizing with another Board member or attendee of the Board meeting?
b. Being kind?
c. Welcoming diversity (including diversity of thought)?
d. Remaining open minded?
e. Challenging their assumptions?
f. Ensuring others felt their perspective was valued?
Executive Session – Real Estate