CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, May 14, 2018
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on May 21, 2018.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF MAY 14, 2018
TRANSPORTATION/FOOD SERVICE – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
1. Presentation on the Community Eligibility Provision for First District Elementary, Second District Elementary and Neason Hill Elementary – Melissa Kingen, Regional Director, The Nutrition Group
2. Discussion regarding the 2018-2019 Food Service Fund Budget (Handout)
CURRICULUM – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding First Reading of Schedule J – Textbook Adoption (Attachment)
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2017 for Windows Web and Database, Grades 10-12 at Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School
- Business & Personal Law, Grades 9-12 at Meadville Area Senior High School
- Personal Financial Literacy, Grades 9-12 at Meadville Area Senior High School
2. Discussion regarding the Second and Final Reading of Schedule J – Textbook Adoption – Conceptual Physical Science Explorations, Grades 10-12 at Meadville Area Senior High School (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding Amendment Two to the Client Agreement for Digital Curriculum Solutions Between Apex Learning Inc. and Crawford Central School District (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding the Virtual Learning Programs Statement of Work with Pearson Online & Blended Learning K-12 USA (Attachment)
5. Discussion regarding First Reading of the revisions to Policy 214 – Class Rank (Attachment)
EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
- Challenge 24 Recap
EXTRACURRICULAR – Paula J. Lynch, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Meadville Area Senior High School Yearbook Staff attending a yearbook workshop in Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania on June 19-21, 2018, at a cost to the District of $1,950.00 (Attachment)
TECHNOLOGY – Ross C. Prather, Chairperson
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the following Schedule K’s:
- Schedule K #417 - Refuse Removal Bids for 2018-2019 (Attachment)
- Schedule K #418 - Meadville Area Middle School Carpet Replacement Bids (Attachment)
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the tentative adoption of the proposed fiscal year 2018-2019 General Fund Budget (Attachment) (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the implementation of Act 1, the Homestead and Farmstead exclusion for fiscal year 2018-2019 (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the designation of depositories for 2018-2019
4. Discussion regarding the authorization to invest funds
5. Discussion regarding the election of a treasurer for fiscal year 2018-2019
6. Discussion regarding Schedule K #419 – Athletic Supplies Bids for 2018-2019 (Handout)
PERSONNEL/POLICY – Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding reappointment of Solicitor, Carl N. Moore (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the rescission of Policy #310 – Abolishing a Position
3. Discussion regarding the appointment of voting delegates for the PSBA Delegate Assembly Meeting on October 19, 2018 (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding the Independent Contractor Agreement (Attachment)
5. Discussion regarding the Personnel Recommendations (Attachment)
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
Respect – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Assuming the best intent?
b. Listening to understand?
c. Managing verbal and non-verbal reaction to ensure others feel safe and valued?
Executive Session – Real Estate