CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, March 19, 2018
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on March 26, 2018.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF MARCH 19, 2018
CURRICULUM – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the First Reading of the following curriculum:
- Introduction to Journalism – MASH, Grades 9-10 (Attachment)
- Journalism I – MASH, Grades 10-12 (Attachment)
- Journalism II, III – MASH, Grades 11-12 (Attachment)
- Introduction to Theater – MASH, Grades 9-12 (Attachment)
- Advanced Theater – MASH, Grades 11-12 (Attachment)
- Creative Writing – MASH, Grades 9-10 (Attachment)
- Mythology – MASH, Grades 11-12 (Attachment)
- Public Speaking – MASH, Grades 11-12 (Attachment)
- Interactive Technologies I – MASH, Grades 9-12 (Attachment)
- Technology Education 7 – MAMS, Grade 7 (Attachment)
- Technology Education 8 – MAMS, Grade 8 (Attachment)
EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
EXTRACURRICULAR – Paula J. Lynch, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Meadville Area Senior High School students traveling to Iceland on June 9-15, 2018, at no cost to the District (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding Meadville Area Senior High School junior and senior students traveling to Washington, D.C., on April 29, 2018, at no cost to the District (Attachment)
TECHNOLOGY – Ross C. Prather, Chairperson
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
TRANSPORTATION/FOOD SERVICE – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the 2018-2019 Northwest Tri-County Intermediate Unit Budget (Available for review in the Business Office)
2. Discussion regarding the 2018-2019 Crawford County Career & Technical Center Budget (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the revisions to the 2017-2018 final allocations for Title I and Title IIA (Attachment)
PERSONNEL/POLICY – Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the 2018-2019 school calendar (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Second and Final Reading of the revisions to the following Crawford Central School District Policies:
= Policy 210 – Medications (Attachment)
= Policy 348 – Harassment (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the First Reading of the revisions to the following Crawford Central School District Policies:
= Policy 103 – Nondiscrimination in School and Classroom Practices (Attachment)
= Policy 103.1 – Nondiscrimination – Qualified Students with Disabilities (Attachment)
= Policy 248 – Harassment (Attachment)
= Policy 302 – Employment of Superintendent (Attachment)
= Policy 311 – Reduction of Staff (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding the Personnel Recommendations (Attachment)
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
Teamwork – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Acting selflessly?
b. Recognizing individual talents and skills in others and leveraging them to further the Board’s agenda?
c. Initiating constructive feedback to keep the Board focused on success?
Executive Session – Contract Negotiations/Litigation