CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, June 19, 2017
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on June 26, 2017.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF JUNE 19, 2017
SECONDARY CURRICULUM – Jeffrey L. Deardorff, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Second and Final Reading of Schedule J – Textbook Adoption – Academic Physics, Grades 11-12, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Second and Final Reading of the following curriculum:
- Academic Physics, Grades 11-12, Meadville Area Senior High School (Attachment)
- Academic Physics, Grades 11-12, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School (Attachment)
- Practical Physics, Grades 11-12, Meadville Area Senior High School (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the First and Second Reading of Schedule J – Textbook Adoption – Business Education, Grades 11-12, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School (Attachment)
4. Secondary Curriculum Update
ELEMENTARY CURRICULUM – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Elementary Curriculum Update
- Challenge 24 Presentation
EXTRACURRICULAR – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
1. Extracurricular Update
TECHNOLOGY – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Service Agreement with Questeq (Attachment)
2. Technology Update
SPECIAL SERVICES – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Special Services Update
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Buildings and Grounds Update
TRANSPORTATION/FOOD SERVICE – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
3. Food Service Update
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the adoption of the fiscal year 2017-2018 General Fund Budget (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Millage Levy for fiscal year 2017-2018
3. Discussion regarding the insurance coverage for the 2017-2018 school year (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding the Business Manager making General Fund Budget Transfers
5. Discussion on the enactment of Per Capita Tax for fiscal year 2017-2018
6. Discussion regarding Schedule K #415 – Athletic Bids (Handout)
7. Finance Update
PERSONNEL/POLICY– Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding recognition of tenured employees for the first semester of the 2017-2018 school year (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding stipends for the 2017-2018 school year:
- James Shryock – Student Information System Coordinator, Instructional Support Center - $7,000
- Stacey Walsh – Dean of Students, Meadville Area Senior High School - $8,500
4. Personnel Update
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
8. Compassion – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Empathizing with another Board member or attendee of the Board meeting?
b. Being kind?
c. Welcoming diversity (including diversity of thought)?
d. Remaining open minded?
e. Challenging their assumptions?
f. Ensuring others felt their perspective was valued?
Executive Session – Labor Relations/Personnel/Student Discipline