CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, June 18, 2018
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on June 25, 2018.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF JUNE 18, 2018
CURRICULUM – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Second and Final Reading of Schedule J – Textbook Adoption (Attachment)
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2017 for Windows Web and Database, Grades 10-12 at Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School
- Business & Personal Law, Grades 9-12 at Meadville Area Senior High School
- Personal Financial Literacy, Grades 9-12 at Meadville Area Senior High School
3. Discussion regarding the Dual Enrollment Agreement with Gannon University-Northern Pennsylvania Regional College Contract (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding Second and Final Reading of the revisions to Policy 214 – Class Rank (Attachment)
EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
EXTRACURRICULAR – Paula J. Lynch, Chairperson
TECHNOLOGY – Ross C. Prather, Chairperson
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Schedule K #420 - Diesel Fuel Bid (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Wood Chip Biofuel Purchase Agreement with Keystone TreeCycling, Inc. (Attachment)
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the adoption of the fiscal year 2018-2019 General Fund Budget (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the millage levy for fiscal year 2018-2019
3. Discussion regarding the District’s insurance coverage for the 2018-2019 school year (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding Act 511 taxes including one percent (1%) earned income tax and one percent (1%) real estate transfer tax
5. Discussion regarding the enactment of a $5.00 per capita tax for the fiscal year 2018-2019 in conformity with Section 679 of the Public School Code of 1949, 24 P.S. 6-679
PERSONNEL/POLICY – Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding First Reading of the revisions to Policy 819 – Suicide Awareness, Prevention and Response (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the recognition of tenured employees (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the recommendation of a representative to serve on the Northwest Tri-County Intermediate Unit Board of Directors for a term of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2021
4. Discussion regarding the following stipends for the 2018-2019 school year:
- James Shryock – Student Information System Coordinator, Instructional Support Center - $7,000
- Stacey Walsh – Dean of Students, Meadville Area Senior High School - $8,500
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
Integrity – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Sharing complete, truthful, and accurate information with the best intent?