CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, June 17, 2019
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on June 24, 2019.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF JUNE 17, 2019
CURRICULUM – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Second and Final Reading of Schedule J – Textbook Adoption - Wilson Fundations (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding First Reading of Schedule J – Textbook Adoption – Mader’s Understanding Human Anatomy & Physiology (Attachment)
BUILDING AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
2. Discussion regarding the Request for Qualifications for Guaranteed Energy Savings Performance projects
TRANSPORTATION – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Schedule K #424 – Diesel Fuel Bids (Handout)
FOOD SERVICE – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the inclusion of West End Elementary, Cochranton Elementary and Meadville Area Middle School in the Community Eligibility Provision (Attachment)
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the adoption of fiscal year 2019-2020 General Fund Budget (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the millage levy for fiscal year 2019-2020
3. Discussion regarding the District’s insurance coverage for the 2019-2020 school year (Handout)
4. Discussion regarding the Business Manager making General Fund Budget transfers for the purpose of closing out various funds of the District for fiscal year 2018-2019
5. Discussion regarding the Act 511 taxes including a one percent (1%) earned income tax and a one percent (1%) real estate transfer tax
6. Discussion regarding the enactment of a $5.00 per capita tax for the fiscal year 2019-2020
7. Discussion regarding the following Schedule K’s:
- #425 – Athletic Supplies
- #426 – Copy Paper
PERSONNEL/POLICY – Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the reappointment of Timothy M. Sennett as Solicitor for the 2019-2020 school year, at a rate of $105.00 per hour (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the recognition of tenured employees for the 2018-2019 second semester (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the following stipends for the 2019-2020 school year:
- James Shryock – Student Information System Coordinator, Instructional Support Center - $7,000
- Jacob Scott – Dean of Students, Meadville Area Senior High School - $8,500
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
Compassion – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Empathizing with another Board member or attendee of the Board meeting?
b. Being kind?
c. Welcoming diversity (including diversity of thought)?
d. Remaining open minded?
e. Challenging their assumptions?
f. Ensuring others felt their perspective was valued?