CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on January 27, 2020.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF JANUARY 21, 2020
CURRICULUM – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the One Federal Credit Union Student Branch Agreement for Second District Elementary School (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the 2018-2019 State Assessment Data
EXTRACURRICULAR – Paula J. Lynch, Chairperson
2. Discussion regarding the following overnight fieldtrips/events:
= Meadville Area Senior High School Jazz Band to attend District Jazz in Bradford, Pennsylvania, on February 6-8, 2020, at a cost to the District of $1,998.40 (Attachment)
= Meadville Area Senior High School Choir to attend Region Chorus in Corry, Pennsylvania, on February 27-29, 2020, at a cost to the District of $2,013.40 (Attachment)
= Meadville Area Senior High School Band to attend Region Band in Indiana, Pennsylvania, on March 25-27, 2020, at a cost to the District of $1,972.60 (Attachment)
= Meadville Area Senior High School Innovation Class to travel to New York City on April 23-26, 2020, at a cost to the District not to exceed $1,000 (Attachment)
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the LERTA request for Adams Place
2. Discussion regarding the reappointment of Guy O’Neil and Phyllis Lord to the Crawford County Tax Collection Committee
3. Discussion regarding Schedule L – Budgetary Transfers (Attachment)
PERSONNEL/POLICY – Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Committee Chairpersons and other Board representations (Handout)
3. Discussion regarding the Personnel Schedules (Attachment)
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
Compassion – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Empathizing with another Board member or attendee of the Board meeting?
b. Being kind?
c. Welcoming diversity (including diversity of thought)?
d. Remaining open minded?
e. Challenging their assumptions?
f. Ensuring others felt their perspective was valued?
Executive Session – Student Discipline/Potential Litigation