CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on January 23, 2017.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF JANUARY 17, 2017
SECONDARY CURRICULUM – Jeffrey L. Deardorff, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the First Reading of Innovations Class Curriculum – CCSD – Grades 9-12 (Attachment)
2. Secondary Curriculum Update
ELEMENTARY CURRICULUM – Glenn J. Tuttle, Chairperson
1. Elementary Curriculum Update
EXTRACURRICULAR – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Meadville Area Senior High School boys’ baseball team traveling to Union City, Tennessee to participate in the L.H. Ladd Baseball Classic, on March 23-26, 2017, at no cost to the District (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the following Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA) events:
· Meadville Area Senior High School Band participating in the PMEA District 2 Band in St. Marys, Pennsylvania, on February 9-11, 2017, at a cost to the District of $1,713.80 (Attachment)
· Meadville Area Senior High School Chorus participating in the PMEA Region Chorus in Sarver, Pennsylvania, on February 23-25, 2017 at a cost to the District of $1,663.00 (Attachment)
· Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School Chorus participating in the PMEA Region Chorus in Sarver, Pennsylvania, on February 23-25, 2017 at a cost to the District of $1,265.00 (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School senior social studies classes traveling to New York City, Washington D.C. and Shanksville, Pennsylvania, on March 17-18, 2017, at a cost to the District of $163.80 for substitutes (Attachment)
4. Extracurricular Update
TECHNOLOGY – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Technology Update
SPECIAL SERVICES – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
2. Special Services Update
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Buildings and Grounds Update
TRANSPORTATION/FOOD SERVICE – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
1. Transportation Update
2. Food Service Update
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the acceptance of the Independent Audit Report for year ending June 30, 2016 (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the reappointment of Guy O’Neil and Phyllis Lord to the Crawford County Tax Collection Committee
3. Discussion regarding Schedule L – Budgetary Transfers (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding the Rural and Low Income Schools Grant (Attachment)
5. Finance Update
PERSONNEL/POLICY– Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Committee Chairpersons for 2017
2. Discussion regarding First and Second Reading of the revisions to Crawford Central School District Policy No. 610 – Purchases Subject to Bid/Quotation (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding recognition of tenured employees for the second semester of the 2016-2017 school year (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding the Personnel Recommendations (Attachment)
5. Personnel Update
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
7. Teamwork – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Acting selflessly?
b. Recognizing individual talents and skills in others and leveraging them to further the Board’s agenda?
c. Initiating constructive feedback to keep the Board focused on success?
Executive Session – Personnel/Labor Relations/Special Ed Litigation