CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, February 18, 2019
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on February 25, 2019.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF FEBRUARY 18, 2019
Discussion regarding the Board Retreat
CURRICULUM – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Second and Final Reading of the following Curriculum:
- AP Psychology, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School, Grade 12 (Attachment)
- Writer’s Workshop I, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School, Grades 9-12 (Attachment)
- Writer’s Workshop II, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School, Grades 9-12 (Attachment)
- Writer’s Workshop III, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School, Grades 9-12 (Attachment)
- Conceptual Chemistry, Meadville Area Senior High School, Grades 10-12 (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Scope and Sequence of Math at Meadville Area Senior High School
EXTRACURRICULAR – Paula J. Lynch, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Meadville Area Senior High School Forensics Speech and Debate Team traveling to Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania on March 15-16, 2019, at a cost to the District of $1,095 (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Meadville Area Senior High School Junior and Senior English classes traveling to Washington, DC on April 28, 2019, at no cost to the District (Attachment)
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding lead and water testing
2. Discussion regarding a facilities assessment for capital projects
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Schedule K #422 – Bids for Food Service Management Company (Attachment)
PERSONNEL/POLICY – Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Second and Final Reading of the following policies:
= 007 – Local Board Procedures (Revision) (Attachment)
= 210.1 – Possession/Administration of Asthma Inhalers/Epinephrine Auto-Injectors (Revision) (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the First and Second Reading of the revisions to Job Description 8.1 – Secretary to the Director of Buildings, Grounds and Transportation (Attachment)
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
Compassion – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Empathizing with another Board member or attendee of the Board meeting?
b. Being kind?
c. Welcoming diversity (including diversity of thought)?
d. Remaining open minded?
e. Challenging their assumptions?
f. Ensuring others felt their perspective was valued?