CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, August 21, 2017
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on August 28, 2017.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF AUGUST 21, 2017
SECONDARY CURRICULUM – Jeffrey L. Deardorff, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Service Level Agreement for Chinese Language Instruction with Berks County Intermediate Unit (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the First Reading of the following curriculum:
- Modern World History, Grade 11, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School (Attachment)
- Contemporary World History, Grade 12, Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding awarding a Meadville Area Senior High School student his/her 2017 diploma upon meeting all requirements as established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, as recommended by John C. Higgins, Principal
4. Secondary Curriculum Update
ELEMENTARY CURRICULUM – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Elementary Curriculum Update
EXTRACURRICULAR – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Meadville Area Senior High School Marching Band Boosters donating $4,390 to the District for the purchase of a trailer to haul band equipment (Attachment)
2. Extracurricular Update
TECHNOLOGY – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Technology Update
SPECIAL SERVICES – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Special Services Update
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the following change orders with regards to the Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School stadium renovation project:
- Milcam, Inc. – Unused field quantity allowances – Decrease of $18,269.07
- Roy C. Deeter Plumbing & Heating, Inc. – Unused field quantity allowances – Decrease of $304.60
- McCurley Houston Electric, Inc. – Unused field quantity allowances – Decrease of $2,900.00
- Stadium Solutions, Inc. – Unused field quantity allowances – Decrease of $1,000.00 (Attachment)
2. Buildings and Grounds Update
TRANSPORTATION/FOOD SERVICE – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
1. Transportation Update
2. Food Service Update
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Finance Update
PERSONNEL/POLICY– Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
2. Discussion regarding the PSBA officer elections for 2018 (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the Personnel Recommendations (Attachment)
4. Personnel Update
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items? a.
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
5. Respect – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Assuming the best intent?
b. Listening to understand?
c. Managing verbal and non-verbal reaction to ensure others feel safe and valued?
Executive Session – Real Estate