CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, August 20, 2018
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on August 27, 2018.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF AUGUST 20, 2018
1. Discussion regarding First Reading of Conceptual Physical Science Curriculum, Grades 10-12 at Meadville Area Senior High School (Attachment)
EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
EXTRACURRICULAR – Paula J. Lynch, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Meadville Area Senior High School Cross Country teams’ request to travel to Hershey, Pennsylvania on September 21-22, 2018 at a cost to the District of $100.00 for entry fees, and to travel to Buffalo, New York on October 13, 2018 at a cost to the District of $120.00 for entry fees (Attachment) (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School Marching Band traveling to Orlando, Florida on January 16-20, 2019 at a cost to the District of $439.20 for substitute teachers (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the formation of a Trap Team at Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School (Attachment)
TECHNOLOGY – Ross C. Prather, Chairperson
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
2. Discussion regarding Schedule L – Addition of Carryover Budgets from School Year 2017-2018 to 2018-2019 (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding Schedule L – Budgetary Transfers for School Year 2017-2018 (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding the Woodring Detective Agency & Security Service Security Contract Proposal for the 2018-2019 School Year (Attachment)
PERSONNEL/POLICY – Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Second and Final Reading of the revisions to Policy 819 – Suicide Awareness, Prevention and Response (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Personnel Recommendations
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
Teamwork – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Acting selflessly?
b. Recognizing individual talents and skills in others and leveraging them to further the Board’s agenda?
c. Initiating constructive feedback to keep the Board focused on success?
Executive Session – Student Matter/Real Estate/Personnel