CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, August 19, 2019
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on August 26, 2019.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF AUGUST 19, 2019
1. 21st Century Grant – Dr. Armendia Dixon
CURRICULUM – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Education First High School Exchange Year, a foreign exchange organization (Attachment)
EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding JA BizTown
EXTRACURRICULAR – Paula J. Lynch, Chairperson
2. Discussion regarding the Meadville Boys’ Cross Country Team participating in the PIAA Foundation Race in Hershey, Pennsylvania, on September 20-21, 2019, at a cost to the District of $100.00 (Attachment)
TECHNOLOGY – Ross C. Prather, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding a H5P.com SaaS Agreement with Joubel AS (Attachment)
FOOD SERVICE – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding raising the price for adult meals from $3.65 to $3.75
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Security Contract Proposal for the 2019-2020 school year from Woodring Detective Agency and Security Service, LLC (Attachment)
PERSONNEL/POLICY – Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Third Amendment to Lease Agreement with Child Development Centers, Inc. (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the First and Second Readings of Job Description 8.0 – Director of Buildings, Grounds and Transportation, Safety & Security Coordinator, Supervisor of Hazardous Materials (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the Personnel Schedules (Attachment)
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
Respect – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Assuming the best intent?
b. Listening to understand?
c. Managing verbal and non-verbal reaction to ensure others feel safe and valued?
Executive Session – Personnel; Potential Real Estate