CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, August 15, 2016
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on August 22, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF AUGUST 15, 2016
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion/presentation regarding bond refunding – Michael McCaig, Financial Advisor and Anthony Ditka, Bond Counsel
2. Discussion regarding the Agreement with Woodring Detective Agency & Security Service, LLC (Attachment)
3. Finance Update
ELEMENTARY CURRICULUM – Glenn J. Tuttle, Chairperson
1. Recognition of teachers who have obtained Level 1 Orton-Gillingham Certifications with regards to the Dyslexia Pilot
2. Discussion regarding the Student Branch Agreement with Meadville Area Federal Credit Union for West End Elementary School (Attachment)
3. Elementary Curriculum Update
SECONDARY CURRICULUM – Jeffrey L. Deardorff, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Client Agreement with Apex Learning Inc. (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Agreement with Transportation Solutions (Attachment)
3. Secondary Curriculum Update
EXTRACURRICULAR – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
1. Extracurricular Update
TECHNOLOGY – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Technology Update
SPECIAL SERVICES – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Special Services Update
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Wood Chip Biofuel Purchase Agreement with Keystone TreeCycling, Inc. (Attachment)
2. Buildings and Grounds Update
2. Food Service Update
PERSONNEL/POLICY– Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Personnel Recommendations (Attachment)
2. Personnel Update
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
7. Teamwork – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Acting selflessly?
b. Recognizing individual talents and skills in others and leveraging them to further the Board’s agenda?
c. Initiating constructive feedback to keep the Board focused on success?
Executive Session – Personnel/Labor Relations