CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, April 18, 2016
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on April 25, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF APRIL 18, 2016
SECONDARY CURRICULUM – Jeffrey L. Deardorff, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding graduation rates and drop-out rates
2. Discussion regarding a Meadville Area Senior High School student receiving his/her 2016 diploma upon completing all graduation requirements as established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, as recommended by John C. Higgins, Principal
3. Discussion regarding the Baccalaureate Services for Meadville Area Senior High School (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding First Reading of Schedule J – Textbook Adoption (Attachment)
5. Discussion regarding the Meadville Area Federal Credit Union Student Branch Agreement for Meadville Area Senior High School (Attachment)
6. Secondary Curriculum Update
ELEMENTARY CURRICULUM – Glenn J. Tuttle, Chairperson
1. Elementary Curriculum Update
EXTRACURRICULAR – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Meadville Area Senior High School Forensics Team traveling to Sacramento, California to compete in Nationals on May 27-30, 2016, at a cost to the District of $3,500 (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Meadville Area Senior High School Yearbook Staff participating in a Yearbook Workshop in Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania on June 21-23, 2016, at a cost of $1,950 from the Yearbook activity account or participating students (Attachment)
3. Extracurricular Update
TECHNOLOGY – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Microsoft Participation Agreement for Enrollment for Education Solutions (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Technology Budget
3. Discussion regarding the Fiber Commercial Service Agreement with Armstrong Utilities, Inc. (Attachment)
4. Technology Update
SPECIAL SERVICES – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Special Education Plan Report (Attachment)
2. Special Services Update
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Schedule K #408 – 2016-2017 Custodial Supply Bids (Attachment)
2. Buildings and Grounds Update
TRANSPORTATION/FOOD SERVICE – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the purchase of a 2016 Ford Transit Cargo Van T-250 (Attachment)
2. Transportation Update
3. Discussion regarding the renewal budget for Nutrition, Inc. (Attachment)
4. Food Service Update
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the 2016-2017 General Fund Budget (Handout)
2. Discussion regarding the Crawford County Career and Technical Center 2016-2017 Budget (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the revisions to the 2015-2016 Final Allocations for Title I and Title II (Attachment)
4. Discussion on the reauthorization of the issuance of procurement cards
5. Discussion regarding funding from other sources/grants (Attachment)
6. Discussion regarding the $15,000 increase in funding for the 2015-2016 Dyslexia Grant (Attachment)
7. Discussion regarding Schedule L – Budgetary Transfers (Attachment)
8. Finance Update
PERSONNEL/POLICY– Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the First and Second Reading of Job Description 25.5 – K-12 Literacy Instructional Coach (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the July Committee and Board Meetings
3. Discussion regarding the PSBA 2017 Legislative Platform
4. Update on summer hours
5. Discussion regarding the Personnel Recommendations (Attachment)
6. Personnel Update
Executive Session – Personnel/Student Discipline
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
8. Compassion - Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Empathizing with another Board member of attendee of the Board meeting?
b. Being kind?
c. Welcoming diversity (including diversity of thought)?
d. Remaining open minded?
e. Challenging their assumptions?
f. Ensuring others felt their perspective was valued?