CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, April 16, 2018
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on April 23, 2018.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF APRIL 16, 2018
CURRICULUM – Donald F. Sacco, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding a student survey of the Accelerated Science 8 classes at Meadville Area Middle School for a thesis – Brynya Bowden, Mercyhurst University Student Teacher
2. Discussion regarding the Second and Final Reading of the following curriculum:
- Introduction to Journalism – MASH, Grades 9-10 (Attachment)
- Journalism I – MASH, Grades 10-12 (Attachment)
- Journalism II, III – MASH, Grades 11-12 (Attachment)
- Introduction to Theater – MASH, Grades 9-12 (Attachment)
- Advanced Theatre – MASH, Grades 11-12 (Attachment)
- Creative Writing – MASH, Grades 9-10 (Attachment)
- Mythology – MASH, Grades 11-12 (Attachment)
- Public Speaking – MASH, Grades 11-12 (Attachment)
- Interactive Technologies I – MASH, Grades 9-12 (Attachment)
- Technology Education 7 – MAMS, Grade 7 (Attachment)
- Technology Education 8 – MAMS, Grade 8 (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the First Reading of Schedule J – Textbook Adoption (Attachment)
EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION – Katrina M. Proctor, Chairperson
- Ed Tech Update (link)
- Literacy Under the Lights (Information) (Registration)
- Educator In the Workforce (Attachment)
- ASM Materials Camp for Students (link)
EXTRACURRICULAR – Paula J. Lynch, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School Robotics Engineering Classes competing in the Robotics League National Championship in California, Pennsylvania on May 18-19, 2018, at a cost to the District of $2,919.70 (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Meadville Area Senior High School Forensics Team traveling to Washington, DC, on May 25-27, 2018, at a cost to the District of $2,177.88 (Attachment)
TECHNOLOGY – Ross C. Prather, Chairperson
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding awarding the Neason Hill Elementary carpet replacement to Total Home Interiors, Inc., in the amount of $8,800.
TRANSPORTATION/FOOD SERVICE – Delwood J. Smith, Chairperson
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the 2018-2019 General Fund Budget (Handout)
2. Discussion regarding the 2018-2019 Budget for Nutrition, Inc. (Handout)
PERSONNEL/POLICY – Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding summer hours
2. Discussion regarding the Second and Final Reading of the revisions to the following Crawford Central School District Policies:
= Policy 103 – Nondiscrimination in School and Classroom Practices (Attachment)
= Policy 103.1 – Nondiscrimination – Qualified Students with Disabilities (Attachment)
= Policy 248 – Harassment (Attachment)
= Policy 302 – Employment of Superintendent (Attachment)
= Policy 311 – Reduction of Staff (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the Personnel Recommendations (Attachment)
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
Compassion – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Empathizing with another Board member or attendee of the Board meeting?
b. Being kind?
c. Welcoming diversity (including diversity of thought)?
d. Remaining open minded?
e. Challenging their assumptions?
f. Ensuring others felt their perspective was valued?
Executive Session – Contract Negotiations/Student Discipline