CRAWFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Instructional Support Center
Monday, April 15, 2019
NOTICE: No official action will be taken during the Committee of the Whole Meeting. The business of this Meeting is merely to discuss and deliberate information that may be placed on the Agenda for the Voting Meeting to be held on April 22, 2019.
PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING THE AGENDA OF APRIL 15, 2019
1. Emergency Response Information Card – Girardat LP (Attachment)
CURRICULUM – Melissa Burnett, Chairperson
2. Discussion regarding First Reading of Schedule J – Textbook Adoption (Attachment)
EXTRACURRICULAR – Paula J. Lynch, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Meadville Area Senior High School Band, Chorus and Drama groups to travel to Orlando, Florida on January 20-24, 2020, at a cost to the District of $982.80 (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School robotics engineering class traveling to California, Pennsylvania to compete in the National Robotics Competition on May 17-18, 2019, at a cost to the District of $2,897.60 (Attachment)
3. Discussion regarding the Cochranton Jr.-Sr. High School Travel Club traveling to Europe on June 13-25, 2019, at no cost to the District (Attachment)
BUILDING AND GROUNDS – Frank J. Schreck, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding a Request for Qualifications for an Energy Savings Performance Contracting Project (Attachment)
2. Discussion regarding the Capital Improvement Budget (Handout)
FINANCE – Jeffrey S. Rose, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding the 2019-2020 General Fund Budget (Handout)
PERSONNEL/POLICY – Jan A. Feleppa, Chairperson
1. Discussion regarding Summer hours
3. Discussion regarding the Agreement for Educational Staffing with Kelly Services, Inc. (Attachment)
4. Discussion regarding the Independent Contractor Agreement for a School Psychologist (Attachment)
5. Discussion regarding the Mental Health Liaison Agreement with Bethesda Lutheran Services (Attachment)
6. Discussion regarding the Personnel Schedules (Attachment)
Board Debriefing on Core Values
1. How did we do at keeping our definition of success firmly in mind as we discussed our agenda items?
a. What specifically did we do well?
b. What could we have done better?
2. Did we as a Board do exceptionally well at living by any of our Core Values? What specific examples demonstrated those Core Values?
3. Does any individual Board Member deserve recognition for living by a Core Value? If so, please take a moment to provide positive feedback to that individual in SBI format.
4. Does any individual Board Member need some feedback about violating any of the Core Values? If so, please take a moment in private to provide that feedback using SBI format. In providing that feedback be sure to live by the Core Values yourself and in receiving that feedback be sure to keep an open mind!
Question of the Month
Integrity – Does anyone deserve feedback (positive or negative) around:
a. Sharing complete, truthful, and accurate information with the best intent?
Executive Session – Personnel