Crawford Central School District consists of the City of Meadville, the Borough of Cochranton, Vernon, Union, West Mead, Fairfield, East Fairfield and Wayne Townships. With approximately 3,800 students, the District has 5 elementary schools, 1 middle school, 1 senior high school, and 1 junior-senior high school.
Crawford Central School District employs 300 teachers, 186 support staff and 16 administrative staff that share the responsibility of making Crawford Central schools run smoothly on a daily basis.
A Board of nine members, elected at large, govern the Crawford Central School District. As the Chief Administrative Officer, the Superintendent of Schools is responsible for implementing board policy and state regulations. The Superintendent is assisted by a professional and supervisory staff which presently includes a Business Manager, a Secondary Curriculum & Federal Programs Director, an Elementary Curriculum & Title I Programs Director, a Director of Special Education, a Director of Buildings, Grounds and Transportation, a Director of Technology subcontracted through Questeq and ten building administrators.
The Crawford Central School District, a school, home and community partnership, provides an education that:
• Challenges and prepares all students to reach their academic and social potential
• Nurtures positive student, teacher, and parent interaction
• Prepares students to become productive and contributing members of society
• Promotes an understanding and respect for cultural and ethnic differences
• Offers opportunities for students to reach their goals and express their creativity
• Empowers students with a desire for life long learning
Crawford Central students will become educated, confident, creative and healthy citizens who are positive contributors to an ever changing global society.